Expect slower housing price appreciation, easing inflation and rising interest rates in 2022, according to a survey of more than 20 top U.S. economic and housing experts. Lawrence Yun, NAR chief economist and senior vice president of research, unveiled the consensus forecast today during NAR’s third annual year-end Real Estate Forecast Summit
- More than 20 top economic and housing experts predict two quarter-point interest rate hikes by the Fed in 2022.
- Next year, housing prices are expected to climb 5.7% and inflation will rise 4% – both increases less than in 2021.
Top 10 Housing Market “Hidden Gems” in 2022
- Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
- Daphne-Fairhope-Farley, Alabama
- Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, Arkansas-Missouri
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville, Florida
- Pensacola-Ferry Pass-Brent, Florida
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, Texas
- Spartanburg, South Carolina
- Tucson, Arizona
CREDIT/SOURCE: NAR Newsroom December 15, 2021 Media Contact: Troy Green 202-383-1042